Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery specializes in providing solid waste, recycling and yard waste services designed to recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to benefit the environment and keep renewable items out of the landfill.
As the collection and recycling company for the City of Concord, Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery, owned by the Garaventa family whose members live and work in Concord, began in the 1930’s as Concord Disposal Service with a one-truck garbage route in the country town of Concord. As a local, family-owned company, Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery is one of the only remaining family-owned recycling and resource recovery companies in Northern California. Rated number one in residential satisfaction for eight years in a row, it is our goal to provide Concord residents with the best individual service possible. We are here to serve you!
Can we count on your help?
It is our goal to collect, recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to keep renewable items out of the landfill.
Visit Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery Park’s Education Center where we provide free tours of the Park, education lessons for kids, summer camps and more. For more information, please contact Adriana.Medina@mdrr.com.
- Garbage, recyclables, and green waste are collected weekly on your regularly scheduled collection day. All carts should be at the curb by 5 AM on the day of service and should be placed three feet apart. Please do not place carts by cars, trees, or basketball hoops. All carts should be taken off the curb and returned to storage within 24 hours after pickup. Please note, a return trip fee may apply for containers not properly set out or are unserviceable.
- Please do not overload your collection containers. The material should be to the rim of the container with the lid closed. Please note, containers overfilled are unserviceable, and once they have been offloaded may incur a return trip fee.
- Please only place acceptable material inside your containers. Containers with unacceptable items are considered contaminated (ex. plastic bags in recycling or glass in green waste containers). If a container is unserviceable due to contamination, it may require service by a garbage route for a charge.
- If you have extra garbage, computers, appliances, televisions, or other bulky items, please call Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery at (925) 682-9113 for prices and to schedule a special pickup.
- Rental Properties: We require new tenants to present a copy of the rental agreement before we can start service. We will open the account for the tenant as long as there are no outstanding collection bills for the rental property. If there is a prior outstanding balance, we require service to be opened in the property owner’s name.
- Concord Municipal Code Section 82-37 states: “All occupied premises within the city shall have refuse service.” While the tenant, lessee, or occupant of any premises may be billed for refuse service, it is the property owner who is responsible for the bill if the tenant, lessee, or occupant does not pay, or is unable to pay the bill. Uncollected refuse accounts are the responsibility of the property owner.
- Important: Per Concord Municipal Code CMC 62-32 (1)v., collection carts must not remain at the collection point for more than twenty-four (24) hours before pickup or more than twenty-four (24) hours after your scheduled pickup. Additionally, carts must be stored the remainder of the time in a manner so as not to be visible to the public.