Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery offers a variety of sizes for carts, bins and boxes to fit your businesses needs. Please contact us if you would like to discuss options.
Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery is working hard to keep as many items as possible out of the landfill. This continues to be mission critical for both our residential and commercial accounts. Unfortunately, not all items can currently be recycled. When that happens we must dispose in the most efficient way possible. To help our commercial accounts set up services, we have included this handy resource.
The State of California has implemented Mandatory Recycling Laws: AB 1826 and AB 341. These laws require businesses that generate a certain amount of waste to recycle.
Effective 7/1/2020, Businesses are now required to provide recycling and composting to customers.
Intended to educate and involve the public in achieving set diversion goals, the State of California passed AB 827, which requires businesses to provide customers with sorting stations on their premises by July 1, 2020.
The receptacles provided for the customers must:
- Be easily accessible to customers
- Be clearly marked with educational signage
- List acceptable items by local processing facility
*Full-service restaurants are exempt from AB 827 but are required to have a recycling and/or organics program set up for employees to use.
Set up your receptacle area to include all of the items pictured here. Encourage your employees and customers to recycle. The 23G containers pictured are not furnished by MDRR, however can be easily found online, or purchased from local home improvement stores.
Thank you for working with us to keep items out of the landfill!
AB 1826: Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling:
The State of California has implemented a Mandatory Organics Recycling Laws: AB 1826. AB 1826 currently requires businesses that generate 2 cubic yards or more per week of solid waste (garbage + recycling + organics) to start an organics recycling program. Organics include food, yard trimmings, nonhazardous wood, and food soiled paper.
Multi-Family complexes with 5 units or more must recycle yard waste (green waste only). Yard waste include brush, flowers, grass, garden trimmings, tree trimmings, tree twigs & branches, weeds, wood chips and yard debris.
Organic waste can be turned into energy and much more. Recycling organic waste diverts it from going into our landfill. Please help us divert these items.
For more information on AB 1826, please visit CalRecycle’s website.
Organics Commercial Flyer: Organics Flyer
AB 341: Mandatory Commercial Recycling:
The State of California has implemented a Mandatory Recycling Laws: AB 341. AB 341 requires businesses that generate 4 cubic yards of solid waste (garbage + recycling + organics) per week or that multi-families that generate 5 or more per week to start a recycling program. Recycling includes cardboard, clean paper, clean plastics #1-5 & #7, tin, aluminum and glass. It is essential that only CLEAN items go in the recycling containers. Any items that have liquid, food residue or is garbage will contaminate the entire recycling container. Please, only clean recycling.
For more information on AB 341, please visit CalRecycle’s website.
Recycling Commercial Flyer: Recycling Flyer
- Bins & carts need to be accessible and ready for pick-up by 5 am on your service day.
- Garbage should not be loaded over the top of a cart/bin. The lid should be closed completely when the cart/bin is loaded.
- Large and bulky items should not be placed in your cart/bin. Please call our office to arrange a special pick-up for a fee.
- Access to bins and enclosures must be clear of debris and vehicles. There is an additional charge for return pick-ups.
- No Hazardous Waste in cart/bin. Please contact the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at 800.646.1431 on how to properly dispose of items.
- Locking devices are provided upon request. There is an additional charge for this service.
- No dirt, concrete or building material in the carts/bins.