We are happy to serve you!
Your pricing is based on the size of your green garbage cart. Included in your service are a 64-gallon blue recycling cart and a 64-gallon brown yard waste cart. Your curbside service includes weekly pickup of garbage and alternating week pickup of your recycling and yard waste. Please see the link below for your recycling and green waste calendar.
New Food Waste Recycling Program Coming Soon!
Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery and the cities are working together to put all the pieces in place for this exciting new program. We will keep all of our customers apprised of that schedule, but as of now, deployment is currently with our commercial customers, with residential and multi-family properties beginning 2023.
When in Doubt, Find Out!
Our Recycle Resource Tool helps you get your containers right.
Click on the magnifying glass 🔎
to the right and type in the item, and we will tell you what container to place it in. If we cannot collect an item, we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
Search tip — Keep material look-up general. For example, rather than searching the number on the plastic item, try entering the item in its generic forms such as a soda bottle or milk jug.
We provide 4 options for your weekly curbside garbage collection. Your curbside recycling and yard waste are picked up every other week.
Low Income, Senior / Disabled Rates
32-Gallon Garbage Cart for $34.96 per month
Rate includes garbage, recycling & yard waste cart service.
To qualify you must be:
- 62 years of age, or older and have an annual household income of $14,000
- Or qualified disabled
For additional information and application, please click here.
Rates effective March 1, 2022
Also included at no additional charge:
1. Three (3) On-Call Pickups: For your convenience, MDRR-Rio Vista customers, with regular paid garbage service, may call Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery and schedule 3 free of charge pickups per calendar year. We will collect up to 12 bags of household garbage or yard debris not weighing more than 50 lbs per bag, on your regularly scheduled pick-up day. Please call us to schedule your extra pick-up. Pick-ups must be at least one week apart.
Please no Household Hazardous Waste, e-Waste, dirt, concrete, rock or construction and demolition material.
2. Curbside Oil Pick-up: Customers must call in for an Oil pick-up. Please call Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery to request a free 6-quart oil container. MDRR-Rio Vista will drop one off to you. Once it is full, call Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery and they will pick it up.
Prescription Medication & Sharps Drop-off: Safely dispose of unwanted, out-of-date and unused medication along with sharps at the Rio Vista Police Department. Drop-off Monday through Thursday from 8am to noon and 1pm to 4pm.
Household Hazardous Waste:
The City of Rio Vista holds two Household Hazardous Waste Events per year. For 2023, the dates are scheduled as Saturday, April 22nd, and Saturday, October 28th.
Please store your batteries, CFLs, and other hazardous waste items safely until your city event.
For more information, please contact the City at (707) 374-6451.
Electronic Waste (e-waste) such as TVs, computers, tablets, and cell phones cannot be placed in your containers. Retailers such as Best Buy, Apple, and Staples have programs to accept these items for FREE or a small fee.
We can also pick up electronics, with a separate truck, for a fee.
Recycle Your Waste in a Big Way! We offer Handy Haulers (6-yard bins) and Debris Boxes (20-yard boxes) for your cleanup and remodel projects. For more information click below:
For questions regarding our policies and fees, please contact [email protected].
- Carts must be curbside for service by 5 am on your scheduled service day.
- Carts must be 3 feet apart from one another. Trucks are semi-automated, and space is required so that the truck’s arm can safely empty and return.
- Carts must be removed from the curb after your service.
- Do not overload the carts. The lid must be closed properly. Overloaded containers could incur an additional fee.
- Please do not place carts near basketball hoops, cars, trees, or low-hanging wires. For inaccessible containers, there is a return trip fee.
- Large and bulky items should not be placed inside your collection container. Please contact our office for pickup options.
- Unacceptable material placed inside your collection container could incur an additional contamination fee.
- Dirt, rock, concrete, or building material CANNOT be placed inside your collection containers.
- Damaged, altered, or burnt collections containers will incur a fee.
- No Household Hazardous Waste is allowed. Store HHW in a safe place until your next city-sponsored event.