Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery specializes in providing solid waste, recycling and yard waste services designed to recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to benefit the environment and keep renewable items out of the landfill.
As the collection and recycling company for the City of Oakley, Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery, owned by the Garaventa family whose members live and work in Oakley. As a local, family-owned company, Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery is one of the only remaining family-owned recycling and resource recovery companies in Northern California. We are honored to be part of the Oakley community and we are here to serve you!
It is our goal to collect, recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to keep renewable items out of the landfill.
Can we count on your help?
Visit Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery Park’s Education Center where we provide free tours of the Park, education lessons for kids, summer camps and more. For more information, please contact Adriana.Medina@mdrr.com.
- Please wheel all carts to the curb by 5 AM on your day of service and place carts three feet apart. Collection carts should not be placed out more than 12 hours before scheduled pickup or left out 12 hours after collection. Carts must be stored the remainder of the time in a manner that is not visible to the public. Please note, a return trip fee may apply for containers not properly set out or are unserviceable.
Please do not overload your collection containers. The material should be to the rim of the container with the lid closed. Please note, containers overfilled are unserviceable, and once they have been offloaded may incur a return trip fee.
- Please only place acceptable material inside your containers. Containers with unacceptable items are considered contaminated (ex. plastic bags in recycling or glass in green waste containers). If a container is unserviceable due to contamination, it may require service by a garbage route for a charge.
- Rental Properties: We require new tenants to present a copy of the rental agreement before we can start service. We will open the account for the tenant as long as there are no outstanding collection bills for the rental property. If there is a prior outstanding balance, we require service to be opened in the property owner’s name.
- Important: Collection carts should not remain at the collection point for more than twenty-four (24) hours before pickup or more than twenty-four (24) hours after your scheduled pickup. Carts must be stored the remainder of the time in a manner so as not to be visible to the public.
4.20.302 Mandatory Service: Every owner of real property that generates solid waste, refuse, green waste or recyclables shall subscribe with the franchisee for the collection and disposal of such material. Nothing herein shall prohibit the tenants or users of property from subscribing with the franchisee for service. However, the owner of the real property shall remain ultimately responsible for establishing and maintaining a subscription for collection and disposal service with the franchisee, and for paying the fees and charges therefor.
- If you have extra garbage, computers, appliances, televisions, or other bulky items, please call Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery at (925) 682-9113 for information on disposal.