Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery specializes in providing solid waste, recycling and yard waste services designed to recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to benefit the environment and keep renewable items out of the landfill.
As the collection and recycling company for the City of Rio Vista. Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery, owned by the Garaventa family, is one of the only local, family-owned recycling and resource recovery companies in Northern California. We are honored to be part of the Rio Vista community and we are here to serve you.
It is our goal to collect, recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to keep renewable items out of the landfill.
Can we count on your help?
Visit Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery Park’s Education Center where we provide free tours of the Park, education lessons for kids, summer camps and more. For more information, please contact Adriana.Medina@mdrr.com
- Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery provides a pick-up service each week. Please wheel all carts to the curb by 5 AM on your day of service and place carts three feet apart. Please note, a return trip fee may apply for containers not properly set out or are unserviceable.
Please do not overload your collection containers. The material should be to the rim of the container with the lid closed. Please note, containers overfilled are unserviceable, and once they have been offloaded may incur a return trip fee.
- Please only place acceptable material inside your containers. Containers with unacceptable items are considered contaminated (ex. plastic bags in recycling or glass in yard waste containers). If a container is unserviceable due to contamination, it may require service by a garbage route for a charge.
- Rental Properties: We require new tenants to present a copy of the rental agreement before we can start service. We will open the account for the tenant as long as there are no outstanding collection bills for the rental property. If there is a prior outstanding balance, we require service to be opened in the property owner’s name.
- Important: Collection carts should not remain at the collection point for more than twenty-four (24) hours before pickup or more than twenty-four (24) hours after your scheduled pickup. Carts must be stored the remainder of the time in a manner so as not to be visible to the public.
- If you have extra garbage, computers, appliances, televisions, or other bulky items, please call Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery at 707.374.5644 for information on disposal.