Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery specializes in providing solid waste, recycling and yard waste services designed to recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to benefit the environment and keep renewable items out of the landfill.
As the collection and recycling company for the City of Pittsburg, Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery, owned by the Garaventa family whose members live and work in Pittsburg. As a local, family-owned company, Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery is one of the only remaining family-owned recycling and resource recovery companies in Northern California. We are honored to be part of the Pittsburg community and we are here to serve you!
It is our goal to collect, recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to keep renewable items out of the landfill.
Can we count on your help?
Visit Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery Park’s Education Center where we provide free tours of the Park, education lessons for kids, summer camps and more. For more information, please contact Adriana.Medina@mdrr.com.
- Garbage, recyclables, and green waste are collected weekly on your regularly scheduled collection day. All carts should be at the curb by 5 AM on the day of service and should be placed three feet apart. Please do not place carts by cars, trees, or basketball hoops. All carts should be taken off the curb and returned to storage within 24 hours after pickup. Please note, a return trip fee may apply for containers not properly set out or are unserviceable.
Please do not overload your collection containers. The material should be to the rim of the container with the lid closed. Please note, containers overfilled are unserviceable, and once they have been offloaded may incur a return trip fee.
- Please only place acceptable material inside your containers. Containers with unacceptable items are considered contaminated (ex. plastic bags in recycling or glass in green waste containers). If a container is unserviceable due to contamination, it may require service by a garbage route for a charge.
- Rental Properties: We require new tenants to present a copy of the rental agreement before we can start service. We will open the account for the tenant as long as there are no outstanding collection bills for the rental property. If there is a prior outstanding balance, we require service to be opened in the property owner’s name.
- Pittsburg Municipal Code (8.04.210 – Collection of charges by refuse collector) states: It is mandatory to have weekly garbage service and it is the owner’s responsibility for this service. New tenants are required to provide their rental/lease agreement and photo ID to start service. As long as there are no outstanding bills at the property, we will open up an account for your new tenant. However, when there is an outstanding balance, we require the past due balance to be resolved before service will be restarted at the property in the tenant’s name. Otherwise, the service must be started in the property owner’s name.
- Per the Pittsburg Municipal Code: 8.04.080 Collection Containers Placement: all collection containers shall be maintained in a code-compliant location and screened from public view. Additionally, containers must be put away, away from public view, no later than 8 pm day of service. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Be sure to bag all cold ashes (hot ashes may start a fire), kitty litter, sawdust and foam products before placing them in the brown cart.
- If you have extra garbage, computers, appliances, televisions, or other bulky items, please call Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery at (925) 682-9113 for prices and to schedule a special pickup.