Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery specializes in providing solid waste, recycling and yard waste services designed to recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to benefit the environment and keep renewable items out of the landfill.
As the collection and recycling company for the City of Pittsburg, Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery, owned by the Garaventa family whose members live and work in Pittsburg. As a local, family-owned company, Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery is one of the only remaining family-owned recycling and resource recovery companies in Northern California. We are honored to be part of the Pittsburg community and we are here to serve you!
It is our goal to collect, recover, recycle and reuse as much material as possible to keep renewable items out of the landfill.
Can we count on your help?
Visit Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery Park’s Education Center where we provide free tours of the Park, education lessons for kids, summer camps and more. For more information, please contact Adriana.Medina@garaventaent.com
Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery, Pittsburg
555 California Ave., Pittsburg, CA 94565
- Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery provides pick-up service each week. Please wheel all carts to the curb by 5AM on your day of service and place carts 3 feet apart.
- Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery will not pick up over-loaded carts.
- Rental Properties: We require new tenants to present a copy of the rental agreement before we can start service. We will open the account for the tenant as long as there are no outstanding collection bills for the rental property. If there is a prior outstanding balance, we require service to be opened in the property owner’s name.
- Pittsburg Municipal Code (8.04.210 – Collection of charges by refuse collector) states: It is mandatory to have weekly garbage service and it is the owner’s responsibility for this service. New tenants are required to provide their rental/lease agreement and photo ID to start service. As long as there are no outstanding bills at the property, we will open up an account for your new tenant. However, when there is an outstanding balance, we require the past due balance to be resolved before service will be restarted at the property in the tenant’s name. Otherwise, the service must be started in the property owner’s name.
- Per the Pittsburg Municipal Code: 8.04.080 Collection Containers Placement: all collection containers shall be maintained in a code compliant location and screened from public view. Additionally, containers must be put away, away from public view, no later than 8 pm day of service. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Be sure to bag all cold ashes (hot ashes may start a fire), kitty litter, sawdust and foam products before placing them in the brown cart.
- If you have extra garbage, computers, appliances, televisions, or other bulky items, please call Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery at (925) 682-9113 for prices and to schedule a special pickup.